In my mid-thirties, I did a pretty major career change. I started out as an engineer when I found an ever-increasing desire to make more of a difference in the world. I wanted that difference to be more about eternal things rather than roads and pavement. So, I embarked on a journey that led to a seminary education and several roles in ministry serving women. Then, as life took other amazing turns, I found myself in probably the most significant role of my life, that of a grandmother, or Mimi in my case.
It is a wonderful and challenging thing to be a grandma. I’m taking the grandma gig seriously. I have such a great love for these littles and a world of experience that I want to pour into them. But they grow so FAST! And I find their time is occupied with school, scouts, soccer, and other activities. It really makes you think about exactly what you want to pour into their lives. I love my grandkids and I want them to grow up knowing the most important things in life. The most valuable thing I know is the good news that Jesus Christ has come to bridge the gap between us and God.
Lessons in faith are the kind of lessons you don’t forget and the kind of lessons you want to pass down to the next generation. Faith lessons have eternal value, and they are worth instilling in our children. And so, Faith For Generations was born – to equip today’s parents to raise tomorrow’s leaders in the truth of God’s Word.
HOW FFG CAN HELP YOU
With my own family experience in mind, I wanted to create a place where I could help you tell the greatest story ever told, the story of God’s forgiveness, redemption, and restoration through Jesus Christ. Through FFG, I can help you as the parent or grandparent to:
- Dig deep into God’s Word.
- Bring the bigger picture of the Bible into focus.
- Use what you’ve learned to teach your children about the Bible.
- Teach your children how to apply Bible lessons to their lives.
- Make Bible lessons come to life for even the littlest family members.
Equipped with my seminary training and years of experience teaching the Bible in a church setting, I’ve helped women just like you grow deeper in their faith. Teaching Bible lessons at Vacation Bible School is the highlight of my year, and I enjoy making the Bible fun and tangible for kids of all ages. I’d love to partner with you as you grow in your own faith journey and pass that wisdom on to the next generation.
LET’S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
I’ll go first – here are a few fun facts about me!
- My first career was in engineering
- I am a breast cancer survivor
- Saturday mornings are for estate and garage sales
- I have a teacup collection that gets used for granddaughter tea parties
- Our grandsons enjoy the prop box at our house and put on plays
- We still have Sunday family dinners
- I relieve stress by riding my bicycle – it’s a cyclocross
- Bible study is exciting to me and I’m a bit of a Bible nerd
- My relationship with Jesus Christ guides my life to unexpected but exciting places
Now it’s your turn! I’d love to hear from you and learn about your journey. Together we can work to help you deepen your relationship with Jesus and teach the littles in your life more about His mercy and grace.
Comments are closed.